Contradicting the White House, the FBI said Tuesday it gave the Trump administration information on multiple occasions last year about a top aide accused of domestic abuse by his two ex-wives, and the investigation wrapped up in January.
That account by FBI Director Christopher Wray challenged the White House assertion that Rob Porter's background "investigation was ongoing" and officials first learned the extent of accusations against him only last week, just before he abruptly resigned.
Wray's testimony marked the latest development in a scandal that has called into question the judgment of senior members of the White House staff, put new stress on the administration's already strained credibility with the public, and drawn accusations of tone-deaf handling of abuse allegations.
The weeklong fallout from the allegations against Porter, President Donald Trump's staff secretary, has thrown the West Wing into chaos not seen since the earliest months of the administration and has sparked new rounds of recriminations inside the White House.
This news has been published by title FBI Says It Gave White House Information Last Year On Trump Aide Accused Of Abuse
If the page you access is error or not get into perfectly, please visit the indigenous web in source CLICK HERE
Thank you for your visit to our website, hopefully the opinion we convey is useful, attain not forget to ration and subscribe our web to get more information.[TAG]178